Greenbrook Design: Countertops, Tile & Special Order Items
Remodeling a home can feel overwhelming at times especially when you have multiple things going on at once. As your project progresses along, here is some helpful information about what to expect.
- If you are purchasing tile & countertops through us, we would normally coordinate the delivery of the tile and the countertop template and countertop install around our cabinet install date.
- If you are handling these items on your own, keep in mind that the cabinets must be installed prior to a countertop template and the countertops must be installed prior to doing a tile backsplash.
- If you are using countertop material for your backsplash that would still involve the same process (a template after countertop install for the backsplash).
- Also, if you have cabinets that sit on the countertops, we can not fully complete installing the upper cabinets until after the countertops are installed.
A note on timing:
Please plan on 3 to 4 cabinet install days for an average kitchen install. Our install manager can usually tell you exactly how many days are needed before the countertop template can be done. Then plan on 7 to 10 business days prior to the countertop install, depending on how busy they are. When your template has been arranged, they can also give you an install date at that time.
Countertops provided by Greenbrook Design
Please complete your countertop selection prior to sign-off. Final pricing is always determined after the template.
As your cabinet install date approaches; Candy Osborne (email@example.com) will reach out to schedule the template and the install date and time for your countertops.
Lead time from template to install of your countertop will be around 10 business days.
We need the model numbers or specs for the following items sent to GBD before the scheduled template; these items are also needed on-site at the time of template & install of your countertops. If we are providing, we will get them where they need to be.
- Sink (as well as mounting preference)
If you would like to discuss specific shaping or placement of the tops with the countertop crew you must be present when your template is scheduled.
If square footage is not provided at sign off – Candy Osborne (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be in contact with your contractor to confirm amounts of tile or grout needed as the time of install grows closer.
Finishing pieces can either be ordered from us or your installer, this is up to you, and Candy will confirm.
Other Special Order items
Candy will also be the one that orders other items such as lights, furniture, etc. Some items have to be paid in full at the time of the order and she may call you to collect the payment.
Please remember that any items returned will incur a restocking fee of up to 30% or more.
*Any extra tile ordered cannot be returned. When tile is figured by the sq ft and the amount per box is considered, sometimes there is excessive tile. Extra tile is usually ordered to keep from running out during the install which can cause costly delays.*
Visit Us in Historic Shelby
112 N. Lafayette St., Shelby, NC
Call & schedule a showroom tour!