Stikwood makes a statement
Post by Stacey Walker. Stacey mostly works behind the scenes for Greenbrook Design, managing day to day operations, marketing, sourcing product and keeping the showroom beautifully designed. Stacey also does interior design & home styling for a select number of clients. Find out more about Stacey here.
Including nature’s elements into the home design remains a popular choice. Placing extra windows into the room to allow more light in or choosing eco-friendly options such as granite countertops are some of the favored ways to accomplish this. Wood, however, remains the number one choice with most clients as it adds warmth and texture to the room. It also blends with multiple styles including modern industrial and farmhouse. Even though there are multiple design benefits to incorporating wood into the design, not everyone has access to reclaimed wood or can afford to have it installed. Stikwood is the perfect solution. Let’s explore more about this amazing product and why we chose to become an authorized dealer.
What is stikwood?
Stikwood is a unique product because they simply take what mother nature has created and prepare it for the journey to your home. These boards are formed from 100% real wood which means you get an authentic look in your home with minimal effort. They also come in several styles and colors including reclaimed and sustainable wood. Their simple peel and stick method makes it easy to add a hint of mother nature in your home.
Where can Stikwood be used?
Anywhere you can imagine, the possibilities are endless. Adding texture and wow factors to your space have never been easier. Here a few ideas to get your inspiration wheel turning.
- Accent walls: Looking to break up the four painted walls in your home? Does your office need a little wow? How about a focal point in the kitchen? With the many styles and colors offered by Stikwood, it is easy to add a touch of nature to your space.
- Wrap: Several customers have chosen to apply it to a kitchen island creating a statement piece in the heart of their home.
- Doors: Think you can’t have barn doors? Think again! Stikwood offers a kit that makes it simple for you to have this popular option in your own home. They come with everything you need to easily install it yourself. Check out the details here.
- Ceilings: Add texture to the room by going up. Using wood on the ceiling creates a whole new dimension to your space and makes for great conversation at gatherings.
What area of your home could use an update? In just a couple of hours, you can transform a space from “meh” to “wow!”
Common questions about Stikwood.
Have a few questions? That’s okay. Here are a few answers to some of the more common questions.
- Does it need to be acclimated? Yes, just like wood flooring, but due to its individual small size, it does not take long. Usually, 48 to 72 hours is sufficient.
- How long will it stick? Until you get tired of it. The adhesive is rated for 10 years so it is not going anywhere anytime soon.
- How thick is it? Reclaimed wood measures 3/16” thick while the sustainable hardwood planks are ⅛” thick.
- What’s the width? Almost everything comes in a width of 5” with the exception of their reclaimed barrel oak and reclaimed sports floor, this has a 2” width.
- How to clean it? Maintenance is as simple as turning on the vacuum cleaner and running over it with an attachment.
Feel free to call us with any other questions you may have or if you would like to obtain a sample.
Who can install Stikwood?
Measure, prep, cut, and install. That’s all it takes to add a touch of nature to any space meaning anyone can do it. Simply follow the instructions and you can transform an area.
Let’s get sticking
Ready to bring a little of nature indoors? Come visit our showroom to get inspired or browse our displays. We are more than happy to answer any questions or go over how we can help you create a space that is just right for you. Serving over 16 counties means we have helped numerous clients achieve the look that best represented their style and we can do the same for you. Stop by and see us in beautiful uptown Shelby.
Visit Us in Historic Shelby
112 N. Lafayette St., Shelby, NC
Call & schedule a showroom tour!