Why Choose a Galley Workstation?
Post by Stacey Walker. Stacey mostly works behind the scenes for Greenbrook Design, managing day to day operations, marketing, sourcing product and keeping the showroom beautifully designed. Stacey also does interior design & home styling for a select number of clients. Find out more about Stacey here.
The kitchen sink has often been used to describe someone who packs everything they can think of when going on a trip, but in reality, it is a vital part of the kitchen and among the most used elements. It’s how we maintain a clean environment as we wash our hands, food, countertops, and dirty dishes. Our entire meal prep revolves around the sink since it is where most of the food is cut and prepared to be turned into a delicious dish for the family not to mention all the pots are filled. With so much happening around the sink and it fulfills many roles, the type you choose is important. It should have the capacity to do everything needed in one easy design which is why Greenbrook Design is proud to be a dealer for the Galley Workstation, a company that has reinvented the sink. Let’s talk about what it is and why you should choose it for your new kitchen sink.
What is a Galley Workstation?
This is more than a regular kitchen sink, it is also a prep sink, entertainment area, and cooking station. It is innovative and created by an award winning kitchen designer who wanted to give his clients what they needed all in one station. The Galley Workstation is also manufactured right here in the United States. It is a sink designed to be a central workstation hub that allows you to do everything necessary to prep, cook, and clean up for a meal making it efficient and easier to serve your family. Because of its unique design, it also can be used during parties as a buffet style meal.
What benefits does a Galley workstation provide?
When selecting a kitchen sink there are several things that need to be discussed including form and functionality. So much happens around the sink including food prep and cleaning. The Galley Workstation is a product that allows you to do it all making it a top contender. Some of the benefits include:
- Size: this is an important option since most homeowners like having a sink that can handle everything from large pots and pans to rinsing vegetables. The Galley Workstation comes in a variety of sizing options making it great for large or small kitchens.
- Functionality: this sink is more than just for washing hands, food, and dishes. The unique two tier design allows you to insert components such as cutting boards, colanders, and drying racks simultaneously. Each one can slide back and forth with ease and can be slid underneath each other. After cutting vegetables on the cutting board simply drop them into the colander and rinse. Sounds like a dream except it’s a reality.
- Entertainment: this is one of the best features with the Galley Workstation because it makes serving family and friends super simple. From taco bars to self-serve ice cream with toppings, it is easy to turn the sink into a serving line. You can even turn the whole sink into a beverage center by filling it with ice. Parties just got a whole lot easier and more fun.
- Durability: the Galley Workstation is built to last with its stainless steel finish meaning it is an investment that will endure.
- Adds value: a regular sink doesn’t increase the value of a kitchen since it is a standard feature but a Galley Workstation can because it is more than a place to wash dishes. Due to its size and functionality it can do more while allowing the host to remain involved with family and friends versus cutting them off from the conversation. Adding this product increases the value of the space making it a great choice.
The Galley Workstation provides so much to the kitchen and takes the word sink to a whole new level. There are multiple reasons to make this your choice for your kitchen project, be sure to speak with our designers about including this into your design.
What are the design options for the Galley Workstation?
When it comes to the design of a Galley Workstation, there are plenty of options that will blend with multiple styles and layouts.
- Tap finishes: there are six stainless steel options offered for the tap finishes including polished, matte, PVD gun metal gray, PVD satin black, PVD brushed gold, and PVD rose gold (this is a limited edition).
- Accessories: this is where the fun really begins. There are so many great options offered by Galley that can help make dinner and parties easier to do.
- Platform pieces that hold the colanders, bowls, and even the divider trays for serving toppings.
- Deluxe bowls that allow you to take items from the fridge to the sink.
- Drying racks make it easy to wash dishes and have a place for them to dry right over the sink, no drip pan needed.
- Cutting boards are available in different thickness like butcher blocks. Having these right over the sink means easy cut and rinse.
- Stainless steel containers are designed to fit into the platform pieces and can store foods.
- Size: there are multiple sizes available for single to double bowls. The longer the workstation the more people can gather around. The flexibility of size means it can fit into a large kitchen with ease or maximize space in a smaller space.
- Materials: the Galley Workstation is stainless steel but the accessories come in natural bamboo, graphite wood composite, high density white, and gray resin giving you great options to select from.
When planning for your Galley workstation it is always a good idea to think through what you will be doing in the space and with whom as this will affect the design. If you want it to be in the center of it all we recommend placing it in the kitchen island since it is a central location and allows everything to gather around without getting in the way. If you have a smaller kitchen you can place it by the window to maximize space. The multiple options of sizes and accessories makes this workstation the perfect choice for your kitchen and gives you the best value. See all the options available to you by visiting their website. It will allow you to be prepared for your design meeting.
Visit our showroom display
We know how important it is to touch and feel something before you purchase it which is why we invite you to visit our showroom located in Uptown Shelby, NC and try out the Galley Workstation for yourself. We have installed one in our fully working custom kitchen along with many of the fun accessories for you to try out. We also have a display of all the tap finishes offered and would love to give you a tour.
Visit Us in Historic Shelby
112 N. Lafayette St., Shelby, NC
Call & schedule a showroom tour!