Design in a Day
Exclusive service from Greenbrook Design
Are you tired of how your space looks and want to revamp it? Not ready to tackle the whole house, just one section at a time? Do you wish it could get a quick refresh in one afternoon? Well, now you can with our “Design in a Day” package which will transform your room in just 5 hours. You will collaborate directly with our very own David Walter who has already helped so many of our clients.
Here’s what is included with your package:
Discovery hour (1 hour)
In the first hour we will discuss a floor plan, style, and colors.
This hour will be considered our “discovery” hour where we find the best solution for your room and have a solid game plan. If there are any pre-existing pieces wanting to be used in your design, they will need to be present the day of scheduled design day. It will also be helpful to the designer to have inspiration photos. Yes, this means your Pinterest board! Once all the details are worked out for all things design, we move onto retail sourcing
Retail sourcing (2 hours)
Retail sourcing is a crucial part of our design process during design in a day. Client’s input on favorite stores and brands would need to be expressed at this time. The designer will then use the products that are found in retail locations to decorate your space.
A delivery vehicle for larger furniture will need to be arranged OR a $150 delivery fee can be added to have access to trucks during design time. This will need to be mentioned to the designer before the scheduled design day.
Clients will cover the cost of any product bought and will be responsible for returning items that aren’t used. It is crucial to stick to time frames during retail sourcing to not cut into any decorating time. Keeping a focused mind during these 2 hours will give you the best result. Remember you are working with a designer, and they have your interest at mind. We will talk about color, functionality, and budget during retail sourcing. Once we have all our favorite finds we are ready to start decorating.
Staging & Decorating (2 hours)
Our last and final step to design in a day is to stage and decorate the space we planned. During this time, we will remove all tags on the items we are using and clean them if needed. (glassware). We are then ready to place items. Heavier furniture will need to be taken in with the help of the homeowner, OR an extra person from Greenbrook design can be accessible to help for an additional $50. This person would only help during staging with heavier items. Finally, the designer will accessorize the space and work out any kinks in the design. Once the designer and client are happy with the result, pictures will be taken for designers’ portfolios and social media use. Clients can also request designers’ photos for their personal use.
That’s all there is to refreshing your space into something fabulous and functional for everyone. The cost of this package is just $500.
Before your meeting David recommends:
- Having a list of 5 things you don’t want to see in this design/space Ex: dark walls, no gold, the color red
- Having a list of 5 things that you do want to see in this design/space Ex: a grand light fixture, moody curtains, neutral linens
- Knowing your style… have your inspiration photos!
- Having the pieces you want to try to use in the design/space. Remember David is here to update so you can’t use everything!
- Knowing your purpose of this design. Know what you want to get out of it. Ex: I want this room to look like a serene space with lots of sunlight. The purpose of this room is for my guest to have somewhere to stay when they come in for the holidays.
- Having a list of 5 stores you usually find your home décor. Your top 5 are preferred.
- Having the space we are planning ready to go. Walls need to be painted and ready for décor. If a color needs to be obtained by a designer, we can meet prior to our design day for a color consultation.