We Celebrated with 3 events!
Greenbrook Design along with Uptown Indigo hosted a Grand Opening Gala with almost 500 guests in attendance. Past & potential clients, contractors, designers, friends and family filled the showroom to celebrate the renovation of the 1928 Campbell building.
Thursday, Feb 1, 2018, we celebrated the opening of the doors to the recently renovated 1928 Historic Campbell building.
To recap the evening events:
- Special Guest Brian Patrick Flynn – Interior Designer – Brain has been featured in print in Country Living, Traditional Home, New York Cottages & Gardens, Domino, Southern Living, California Home + Design, The New York Times, and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles. His most recent productions include HGTV Dream Home and HGTV Urban Oasis designer. We now carry his lighting in our showroom by Crystorama.
- Guest were encouraged to visit all areas of the showroom on a self-guided tour where they could see the craftsmanship of Walker Woodworking and other cabinet lines we feature such as Dura Supreme, Wellborn, Cabico & James Martins vanities.
- Art displays were featured throughout the showroom and are for sale by local artists, Alyssa Blount & Randy McNeilly.
- Guest were treated to delicious pork and shrimp tacos prepared by Chef Dickey & Debbie Lambert in a live cooking demonstration at the Walker Woodworking kitchen vignette.
- Toscanos Bistro served a small Italian buffet of bruschetta, meatballs, and spinach filled pastries. We were so glad to have our neighbors participate in our Grand opening.
- Touring continued upstairs to the Uptown Indigo Event Venue, where guest were amazed at the transformation of the 2nd floor, which is now a fabulous event venue. Table decorations (by Carolina Roses – Patty Davis) were glitz and glam and nothing but spectacular for the revel. Guest were treated to music by the local band Gypsy Swing:30 and appetizers prepared by Kathy Woody – Dressing on the Side, and house chef for Uptown Indigo.
- Emcee Duncan Blount started the evening off with a huge welcome and then Taylor Walker (daughter of Greenbrook Design owners Travis & Stacey Walker) told the family history of how Greenbrook Design became today! Door Prizes were given at the end.
Friday, Feb 2, 2018, we had a ribbon cutting along with Cleveland County Chamber. Employees of Walker Woodworking and Greenbrook Design came together with local Chamber members to celebrate this event.
Saturday, Feb 3, 2018, Open House continued with brunch and self-guided tours of the building. It was yet another successful day as the doors were open to the public for browsing the showroom and Uptown Indigo.
Video made by Electric Films – Shelby, NC
Celebrating with us – Celebrity Interior Designer
Brian Patrick Flynn
Brian Patrick Flynn was our special guest, and he made such a wonderful impact while in Shelby, NC and he continues to make an impact in the design community. Hear what he had to say about Greenbrook Design in a short (2 min) video that recaps the Grand Event.
You may even see yourself!
Brian Patrick Flynn
Brian Patrick Flynn is an interior designer who made the leap to private residential interior design after years working as a production designer and set decorator for TV, film and print. Known for his approachable take on design, Flynn’s spaces are best described as all-American, warm and thought-provoking.
Flynn’s residential interior design work has been featured in print in Country Living, Traditional Home, New York Cottages & Gardens, Domino, Southern Living, California Home + Design, The New York Times, and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles. His most recent production design credits include the HGTV home giveaway series HGTV Dream Home and HGTV Urban Oasis. Overall, Flynn’s work is characterized by his unexpected use of color, use of large scale design elements, and an eclectic mashup of furniture styles.
Stateside, Brian runs his residential interior design and production design firms in downtown Atlanta, Ga. Overseas, Flynn focuses on furniture, lighting and textile design from his studio in Reykjavík, Iceland. Brian’s first collection of lighting with Crystorama launched in January, 2017 and a second collection is due by the end of the year. He’s currently working on his first furniture and fabric collection anticipated to launch late 2019.
Our Event Sponsors:
Visit Us in Historic Shelby
112 N. Lafayette St., Shelby, NC
Call & schedule a showroom tour!