Are you on a budget for your kitchen remodel?
Wellborn offers a great product at a great value for you.
Find out how semi-custom cabinets worked well for this homeowner’s budget and why she chose Wellborn cabinetry.
Our clients had debated about remodeling their kitchen. Deciding factors such as budget and time frame were significant for the homeowners during the planning phase as they decided if they wanted to move forward with the project. Knowing their budget from the beginning of the design phase made designing so much more effective. It’s like having the final piece of a puzzle that makes the picture complete. Because the communication was open from the beginning, our designer was able to tailor the needs and give the customer what they needed – within their budget. Their three top reasons for remodeling was not enough room, no cabinet space, and the tight area.
Objective: To create a functional space that had more storage space and an area where the family could eat together.
With a family of three, plus additional children, family, and friends visiting and eating together was the inspiration and main focus of this kitchen design.
This was not their forever home, but more kitchen space was needed for a growing family. The homeowner also wanted to brighten and open up the space by removing the wall that separated the kitchen from the living room, creating an open floor plan. The island was designed for the family to be able to sit together, as well as to offer more storage and countertop space for preparing meals.
When asked which was more important, budget or time the owners reply was;
“I would say both were very important. First was budget because I couldn’t go over a dime! Second, time frame because my husband tore down the kitchen within a day and with a one year old and not having a kitchen is not fun at all. “
We were able to design, order and install this project within the client’s timeline. Semi-custom cabinets can typically be ordered and shipped within a four-to-six week timeline.
Designer: Greenbrook Design
Location: Shelby, NC
- Door style: Hancock with a painted finish
- Glacier White painted perimeter
- Willow paint on the island
Even with a semi-custom cabinet order, the client still receives Walker Woodworking great customer service, professional installation, and a few custom extras:
*spice pull out
Let’s break down the cost of this project – Note that a non load-bearing wall was removed & floors had to be replaced.
- Wellborn Cabinets (including hardware & install): $9800.00
- Granite Countertops: $2900.00
- New Appliances: $3000 black stainless
- Demo, Sheetrock repairs & painting: $2500.00
- Flooring: Materials & Labor: $1800
- Tile Backsplash: Materials & Labor: $1300.00
- Electrical & Plumbing: $1200.00
- Total project investment : $22,500
- For More information about semi- custom cabinets: Wellborn or Dura Supreme. Check out our Dura Supreme & Wellborn product page.
- Researching the products before buying and understanding the difference between Stock & Semi-custom cabinets are key information points that will help with decisions when considering a remodel. Check out this information about the differences.
Another satisfied client
“I LOVE MY KITCHEN and so glad that we finally were able to do it! Also blessed that Walker Woodworking had a cabinet line that I was able to afford!”
Visit Us in Historic Shelby
112 N. Lafayette St., Shelby, NC
Call & schedule a showroom tour!